Sunday, August 17, 2014

Hawk Nation,

Wow, what a trip so far! We made it all the way from the University of Hartford to LAX to Sydney, Australia. It was a long, long, long trip. Even though, it was a super long trip, I truly have to say that with our travel accommodations on Qantas Airlines,I think the trip went well. We all watched a lot of movies, played games, listened to music, and got some sleep. When we landed, it was pouring down raining, but that didn’t stop our traveling party from being happy. We were all grateful to have landed safely and to finally get off the plane.

After we loaded the bus, we left for a short tour and a bite to eat. We saw Rose Bay, and then went to Bondi Beach to have lunch or breakfast, depending on your preference at 9:00 a.m. Australia time or 11 p.m. Connecticut time. We then traveled to our hotel and checked in to relax for a while. I had to fight the urge to go to sleep because I wanted to get my body in-sync with our new time zone. After, we went over to Newington College for practice to get loose and prepare for tomorrow’s (Monday's) game. Surprisingly, the Hawks looked lively and showed minimal negative effects from the long journey.

After practice, we got cleaned up and went out as a group to a very nice restaurant. Here is where the jet lag kicked in for almost everybody. We all ate a great meal, everything on the menu looked and smelled great. You could look in everybody’s eye that they needed and wanted sleep, many conversations at the table centered on getting back to the hotel to go to sleep. So, I have finally made it back to the hotel and I am no different than anybody else in the group. I am super tired and can’t wait to hit the send button and lay down to recharge myself for tomorrow’s activities and game. I am sure tomorrow will be great, but the only thing I want to focus on right now is my bed  Well, until next time, I wish you all well and I wish my traveling mates a good night’s sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment